The holidays can be pretty “Awkward,” with all the posing for family photos, forced interactions with long-lost high school friends and inevitable return of your horrible 16-year-old self. Luckily, real life — your life — could never possibly sink to the current depths of drama-magnet Jenna Hamilton‘s — and isn’t that partly why we’re all so obsessed with the show?
Have a friend who only speaks in Tamara-isms? A guidance counselor who secretly wishes she could give her students some of Val’s straight talk? Well, we’ve got just the gifts to make their holiday especially memorable. As always, you’re welcome.
1. Wayfarer Clear Fashion Glasses ($11.80 at Bleu Dame) — Whether you’ve really got eye probs like Ming or are totalllly faking it like J-Town, these unisex hipster specs are the perfect way to enhance your studious school look. However, if you’ve got a ‘tude to match, you may run the risk of coming off as pretentious (cough, Jenna).
2. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Permanent Hair Color ($6.97 at Walmart) — In case you haven’t noticed (she does wear a lot of hats), Ming swapped her dark locks for a cool, blonde coif after taking the Asian Mafia reins. Those looking to follow in a trend-setter’s lead with a new ‘do for 2014, we’ve got you covered.
3. 50 Boyfriends Worse Than Yours ($12.17 at B&N) — Any girl who once had a bad-influence BF, like Collin, will appreciate this collection of stories that will hopefully remind her why she broke up with him in the first place.
4. Butterfly USB Flash Drive U Disk Pendant for Necklace ($12.80 at Amazon)– Jenna may have traded her necklace in for a beanie, but that doesn’t mean you have to. This bling is a huge upgrade from a regular piece of jewelry, as it doubles as a USB flash drive. Ranging from 4 GB to 32GB, you can hold all your secrets close to your heart, no matter how big they might be.
5. Knock Knock Breakup Recovery Kit ($7.50 at KnockKnockStuff.com) — Matty may have semi-recovered from Jenna’s infidelity with the help of some good friends (and another girl), but when that’s not enough, you have to bring in reinforcements. This kit comes with a remedy booklet, healing bandages and even a certificate to prove you’ve officially bounced back from your ex.
6. Accoutrements Sarcastic Ball ($9.49 at Amazon) — Sadie was at a loss for words when Jenna returned one of her jabs, but had she been carrying this trusty guy in her back pocket, she would have been ready with another comeback. Just as the Magic 8-Ball belts out answers, the literal ball o’ sarcasm hits you with a constant flow of jerky gems.
7. Unisex Flex Fleece Zip Hoodie ($48 at AmericanApparel.com) — Ugly holiday sweaters may be all the rage this time of year, but we all know zip-up hoodies are the ultimate piece of apparel when it comes to “Awkward” fashion. Snooty Sadie Saxton even threw one on to play the perfect
8. “Awkward” “Change Blows” Tank Top ($5.99 at shop.mtv.com)– Nobody’s disputing Jenna’s turn to the dark side has been bad news bears for everyone, but this official “Awkward” top lets you get it off your chest…by putting it there.
Dig Remote Control? Follow us on Twitter, like, now.
Photos: Amazon.com/Walmart.com/MTV Shop