Post-teen, pre-adult life sho’ is tough. Whether you’re rockin’ an unpaid internship like Daphne, trying to write the next great American novel like Sophia or are just attempting to scrape together enough cash to pay your next rent check like, we dunno… everyone, we’ve got you covered. These “Underemployed“-inspired gift ideas are perfect for any millennial trying to make it on their own.
1. black+blum “Box Appetit” ($22 at Amazon.com) — Anyone working an unpaid internship is gonna need something more sophisticated than a brown bag to carry his or her lunch…because they’ll definitely be bringing it with them every day. This bento-style lunchbox is sturdy, très cute and will help them compartmentalize at least something in their lives. Until they’re munching on $24 salads with the rest of the big wigs, this sleek container softens the blow of a homemade tuna sandwich.
2. 2013 Moleskine Colour-A-Month Daily Planner ($35.95 at Amazon.com) — All writers dig a good Moleskine. And this planner is as good as it gets when it comes to keeping track of, sigh, LIFE. The set of 12 notebooks organizes everything all neat and tidy by separating out each month into an individual planner. So, if you have a particularly s***ty September, the entire month is totally chuckable!
3. Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels ($41.22 at Amazon.com) — This alarm clock doesn’t only wake you up, it rolls off your side table so you physically have to get out of bed to turn it off. Annoying? Most definitely, but friends will be thanking this little guy when they’re on time for their first day of work after scheduling afternoon classes for four years straight.
4. Keurig® MINI Plus Brewing System ($99.95 at Keurig.com) — Coffee is by far the most important part of any college or post-college kid’s day, and they’ll save a ton with this machine. Because entry level employees really shouldn’t be dropping 5 bucks on a Starbucks latte every morning (even though, yes, the Pumpkin Spice is realllly good).
5. Structured Blazer ($130 at Topshop) — This Little Black Dress of the corporate world can be dressed up for important meetings or down for casual Fridays, and it goes with just about everything except a pair of food-stained sweatpants. Those should be saved for post-work couch-potato-ing.
6. ION Profile LP Vinyl-to-MP3 Turntable ($59.95 at Amazon.com) — For friends that are Raviva fans, this turntable not only plays old-school records, but makes them MP3-friendly so the classic scratchy sound can be portable to fit their on-the-go lifestyle.
7. Wallet iPhone 4/4s Case ($39.99 at Amazon.com) — Nobody wants to lug their laptop bag to after-work drinks. This colorful wallet/case hybrid lets people consolidate the only two things you really need at a bar. Filling it with actual money? That’s a whole ‘nother story…
Dig Remote Control? Follow us on Twitter, like, now.