Snooki sure can party like a rock star midget on crack, but she’s not immune to the woes of jet lag. Luckily, though, there was plenty of pickle juice on hand upon her return to Seaside Heights from Florence. It’s all a meatball really needs to get its energy back up!
Snooks’ love for the funky cucumber seems to know no bounds, so as a “Jersey Shore” Season 5 housewarming gift, we’re providing 5 quick ‘n’ easy pickle recipes that will rock her furry boots right into next week. We hope to see some of the following briny snacks at the next Sunday dinner:
1. Pickleback Shot: Let’s start off simple and alcoholic. Pickleback shots are a two-drink deal. First a shot of whiskey, followed quickly by a shot of pickle juice. Aside from its delicious taste, the combined scent is said to drive the gorillas crazy.
2. Cream Cheese Pickles: This one’s for all the afternoon lunches with the ladies. Take slices of those green bad boys, cover the edges in cream cheese and then wrap that with cooked beef. Mmm.
3. Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich: It’s exactly what it sounds like. Nix the jelly and throw in some sliced mean, green machines instead. You haven’t lived ’til you’ve sunk your teeth into one of these salty sammies. Recommended bread: Rye or pumpernickel.
4. Fried Pickles: No real recipe here–all she needs to do is head to Sears and shill out some cash for a “Jersey Shore”-proof fryer. Serve hot and crispy with the boardwalk’s finest fried dough.
5. Sweet Pickle Ice Cubes: Perfect for those hot days on the beach and super easy to make. Mix together sugar, salt, water, vinegar and pickles in a jar, then pour the liquid concoction into ice cube trays. Pop ‘em in the freezer for a few hours then plop ‘em in a glass full of your favorite bevvie (for a real kick, try pink lemonade).
+ Got some pickle-cooking tips of your own? Share your recipes with us and Snooks!