Holiday Gifts for “The Buried Life” Fans
If there’s someone in your life who’s been following Duncan, Dave, Ben and Jonnie on their inspirational journey throughout the world, then they’ll love these “Buried Life“-inspired gifts. Take a look below, plus check back at Remote Control tomorrow for a list of presents just right for “Hills” and “City” lovers!
1. “She’s the First” Flip Video Cameras ($149.99 at store.theflip.com). Each video camera sold donates $10 to AfricAid, which sends girls to secondary school in Tanzania.
2. Tiger Hoop Earrings by Julia Failey ($145 at juliafailey.com). The designer uses reclaimed metals to reduce environmental impact.
3. MEND Treahouse Cross Body Bag ($105 at store.invisiblechildren.com). Your purchase supports Ugandan women that have escaped from abduction by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). Inside each carryall, you’ll find the name of the woman who made the bag.
4. Organic Chocolate Bars by Fearless Chocolate ($5/bar at fearlesschocolate.com). The company donates 1 percent of annual proceeds to customer-nominated change makers.
5. HP ENVY 17 3D series (Starts at $1,599 at hp.com). What do you want to do before you die? Experience life in 3-D!
6. Adopt a Gray Wolf Through the World Wildlife Fund (Starts at $25 at worldwildlife.org). Protect the future of Mother Nature by adopting an animal. Your “symbolic” gesture will go toward WWF’s conservation efforts and help protect the species you love.
7. Highlands Black Men’s Botas by TOMS ($79 at Toms.com). As of September 2010, TOMS has donated more than 1 million pairs of new shoes to children in need through Giving Partners around the world. Help them go higher!